Varsity Football Remains Undefeated

Vince Albalos

Senior players line up for the coin toss in the homecoming game against Kalaheo High at Aiea High School. Rams won 44-7 against the Mustangs. Rams varsity football is undefeated 10-0 with one game left in the Oahu Interscholastic Association playoffs. “We have had a long season with many ups and downs, but thanks to the coaching staff, we were mentally and physically prepared,” Dylan Lewis (11) said.

The RamPage, Reporters

Division II Rams varsity football is undefeated 10-0 with one game left in the Oahu Interscholastic Association playoffs, and a berth in the Hawaii High School Athletics Association State Playoffs.

Radford will play Kaimuki on Oct. 30 at Aloha Stadium.

Day after day, practices are held after school. Even during fall and summer breaks, players work towards the goal, which is to hold the trophy that few get to hold up high in the end.

RJ Lobederio said, “One common goal is something that Coach Fred [Salanoa] reminds us about at practices. It’s for us to play the championship game on Nov. 20.”

But it all starts at practice.

“We’ve been practicing since before summer, putting in a lot of hard work and in this post-season all the hard work is starting to pay off,” Lobederio said.

Practices are held Monday through Friday for up to three hours, with some practices held Saturday mornings after a Friday night game. During practices players and coaches watch game film, and participate in team lifting, and field practices.

“We have had a long season with many ups and downs, but thanks to the coaching staff, we were mentally and physically prepared,” Dylan Lewis (11) said.