The Story Continues For Star Wars Saga

James Ewald, Reporter

starwars

After a much anticipated wait, “Star wars: the Force Awakens” is finally here in theaters.

Released to the public on Dec.18, people scrambled to get tickets. Many fans, such as myself, waited for this film, and could only speculate the storyline since news broke out in April to the public.

The movie was everything I expected. I was intrigued with the mystery, like Rey’s unknown parents and how Kylo Ren ventured to the dark side. I savored action scenes like the battle to destroy starkiller base.  But what I absolutely loved most about this film was my surprise by the unexpected (but, of course, I can’t spoil it for you).

“The film was amazing,” Miguel Guzman (10) said. “I liked old characters coming back like Han Solo and Chewbacca, and I like the new characters coming in as well.”

For Kaiela Fabros (10), it was mixed emotions. “I think the movie was great and really good, but it was sad at the same time,” she said.

Some movie goers were not impressed with the film.

“The movie was very predictable, and you could see stuff coming a mile away,” Patrick Steele (11) said. “The story was so bland.”

Star Wars featured new and old characters: Rey (Daisy Ridley), Finn (John Boyega), Han Solo (Harrison Ford), Princess/General Leia Organa (Carrie Fisher), Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac), and Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew).

SUMMARY: The Empire was defeated, but a new power, dubbed The First Order, led after the Empire’s fall. Luke Skywalker, the previous film’s main character, took interest in training new Jedi, but disappeared after one of his students turned to the Dark Side, and slaughtered all of his students. The rebellion, now called the Resistance, tries desperately to defeat the First Order and locate Skywalker.

NEW FACES: Rey, a new character to the Star Wars series, lives on a desert after her parents abandoned her, and spends years surviving and scavenging in hopes that her parents will return for her. Finn is a First Order stormtrooper who leaves the First Order, and joins Rey on her journey to find Skywalker. Another new character is Poe Dameron, who is the best pilot in the Resistance, and is on a mission to also find Skywalker. The story’s antagonist, Kylo Ren, a Dark Side Jedi worships Vader, and is on a quest for galactic control.