Miles Joins Science Department

Alexa Conrad, Editor

With an influx of new faces to Radford, AP Environmental Science and Biology teacher Reyna Miles brings with her an extensive background in education and science to the school.

Miles is new to the school, but she has nine years of teaching experience. She worked as a science teacher at Sharyland Alternative Education Center, Gladys Porter High School, and as a faculty assistant at University of Texas at Brownsville.

She holds a Master of Public Health degree from University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from University of Texas at Brownsville. She is currently pursuing a doctorate degree in Curriculum and Instruction.

Miles’ master’s thesis involved determining whether markers of lipid metabolism, inflammation and/or liver function are altered in tuberculosis patients with diabetes.

In addition to her knowledge in the sciences, Miles is also fluent in Spanish. Miles said she enjoys spending time with her family, cooking, and relaxing at the beach.

During her short time at the school, she said that she loves her working environment.

Science teacher Reyna Miles comes to Radford with an extensive background in education and science. She has a Doctor of Education degree in Curriculum and Instruction from University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College, a Master of Public Health degree from University of Texas Health School, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College. uring her short time at the school, she said that she loves the working environment.
Science teacher Reyna Miles comes to Radford with an extensive background in education and science. She has a Doctor of Education degree in Curriculum and Instruction from University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College, a Master of Public Health degree from University of Texas Health School, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College. During her short time at the school, she said that she loves her working environment.