Lifetime North Shore Resident Seeks Change in Honolulu

Drai Hawkins, Reporter

Biology and Physics and teacher Brittney Basilio is a first-year teacher who hails from the North Shore of the island.

She is a graduate from Waialua High School who, according to Basilio, “lived in the North Shore my whole life…and felt that I needed a change.”

She said that she visited other schools, but chose Radford because “it felt like home.” During her short time at the school, she said that everyone, so far,  has been really nice.

She said that she originally wanted to be a physical therapist, so she earned her bachelor’s degree in science and exercise.

Then, “I realized that I wanted to be a science teacher,” she said, “I got my post [baccalaureate] from UH Manoa.”

Basilio said that she loves the outdoors, and can be seen fishing and hunting with her husband. She also has other loves.

“I love basketball and football,” she said. “My favorite team is the Seahawks.”

Conceptual Physics and Biology teacher Brittney Basilio poses next to a Physics poster, which is understood by those who know the equation for force. She is a long-time resident of the
Conceptual Physics and Biology teacher Brittney Basilio poses next to a Physics poster, which is understood by those who know the equation for force. She is a long-time resident of the North Shore who sought change by working outside the area where she grew up. She said she chose Radford because “it felt like home.”